How to Beat the Winter Blues
Winter can be a tough time to keep your spirits up. Here are some tips that can help.
- Declutter: Get rid of unnecessary items. Decluttering is a practical way to get organized while clearing your mind.
- Eat Right: Eating right can help your mood, energy level and can help you feel great. Eat more whole grains, veggies and meats. Limit sugars, fast food and processed food.
- Sleep: Everyone needs a break. Turn off phones, games, social media and Netflix and get some rest. School age children require 9-11 hours each night. Teenagers require 8-10 hours of sleep a night and adults need 7-9 hours a night.
- Exercise: Moving your body improves blood flow & oxygen to the brain while releasing endorphins into the body which is a natural “feel good” chemical.
- Find a Hobby: Discover new interests that you can enjoy. Photography, scrapbooking, chess, bowling, baking, volunteering, yoga, knitting, painting, sewing, reading…etc.